Pamper yourself and pamper the earth too
Portofino is an innovation community that takes EcoLiving℠ to a much higher level. This means we pamper the earth just as much as we care for our residents-- which is something you can feel great about.
||Generated to Date
- Portofino feature s a 252 kilowatt Photovoltaic solar energy that supplies 75% of common area electricity.
- Synthetic turf which requires no irrigation has been used throughout the project in lieu of grass.
- Use of low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paints which have fewer hazardous fumes or toxins.
- Portofino exceeds California's Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Non-Residential Buildings (Title 24) by more than 15%. We will continue to benchmark our efficiency against these standards, which have saved Californians more than $56 billion in energy costs since 1978.
- Our landscaping incorporates native California or Mediterranean plans which are drought tolerant and require relatively low supplemental irrigation.
- The community contains high-efficiency toilets that use only 1.6 gallons per flush.
- Community recycling program has dedicated bins for glass, paper, aluminum and plastic materials.
- Portofino is situated within walking distance to many employers, retailers and entertainment attractions that reduce the need for automobile transportation.
- The Trolley is located 1/4th mile from the community.